Oct 26, 2006

Auditing, at night time

Now I'm working for a few weeks at some sort of government office. It's not yet clear what they do although everyone is extremely nice and don't seem to care how useless I am (yet). Still have no idea what I'm doing but I suppose I will pick it up sooner or later.

My weekend of madness applying for boring-sounding retail jobs paid off this week, when I got calls from nearly all the places I had applied to. This was encouraging but I can't help thinking that I didn't come to Canada to work at Staples, so it's a good thing I was also offered a permanent job at a lodge in Lake Louise. Vancouver is nice but a lot like what I imagine working in Auckland might be like. Lake Louise, on the other hand, is IN a Canadian national park, complete with pine trees, log cabins and large quantities of snow for much of the year. This seems a lot more like what I should be doing on a working holiday in Canada.

So, in a few months I get to be a night auditor at a small 'heritage lodge' in the Rockies. Exactly what this involves is still a bit of a mystery, but then so is my current job and this hasn't yet proved to be a problem.

No comments: