Nov 5, 2006

I wish *I* had a dog

I found a really nice dog park on the banks of False Creek, right in the middle of downtown. Many cute and interesting dogs were running around the multiple levels, chasing after sticks and smaller dogs.

I was sitting at some sort of structure in the middle of the park, probably representing something very meaningful, when one of the dogs ran up to me and dropped a frisbee at my feet. It looked up at me and wagged its tail happily. A long way away a small group of people looked very exasperated.

All around the park are residential high rise buildings with ugly blue-painted water features that look like they were envisioned and possibly last maintained in the 1980s. Canadian cities seem very keen on water features, both outside and even inside some public buildings. I'm a bit disappointed I will not be here for winter to see everything freezing over. I'm curious to see what a 7-foot tall fountain looks like when it freezes.

No comments: