The Vancouver Greyhound station is housed in the grand old central Vancouver railway station. Unfortunately the grand old central Vancouver railway station is not particularly centrally located. So I found the SkyTrain.
I love the Skytrain. It's fast and whizzy and driverless, and, having no ticket gates, seems to run on the honesty of Vancouver citizens.
Taking the Skytrain into town at 8am on a Monday with three large items of luggage, however, is not such a great idea. All was going well until I moved a few steps to make room for some people who had just got on and the closing doors tried to eat a part of my backpack. In London, a similar thing recently happened on the Tube, but to my head. There was no obvious response from anyone in the packed carriage, despite my screams of mild panic. Today, three of my fellow passengers immediately helped to get my bag out of the way, whilst making cheerful and sympathetic comments.
This is a very different place from London.
Oct 2, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment