Oct 20, 2006

temp temp temp...

The job turns out to be easy filing at an insurance office near Renfrew SkyTrain station. The first day I turn up my new employer casually informs me that she hasn't actually requested a temp but will find me work for the next two weeks anyway. This has to be a Good Sign.

The office I'm working in is part of some sort of office park, and slightly scary in that there is nothing within walking distance besides other offices, a small staff cafe and gym and some sort of grassy playing field, around which everything is inexplicably arranged. Everything is slightly too spread out and although it's deep in the Vancouver suburbs there are no signs of houses or shops anywhere.

I am, however, deeply impressed with the coffee machine, which is one of the ones with flavoured sachets you insert, and spend large portions of my breaks inventing new creations (swiss-mocha-choc-espresso, anyone?).

No comments: