May 8, 2007

'Resort Casual' and other meaningless phrases

Does anyone know what 'resort casual' means? Apparently this is the official dress code for the restaurant here attached to the lodge. I have used this phrase on a few guests and they often look a bit puzzled, but so far noone's actually questioned it. I suppose it means you can eat dinner in a snow suit or Crocs, should you feel the need, without getting kicked out or stared at by other diners.

'Rocky Mountain cuisine' is another one. Seeing that all our elk and caribou steaks are farmed on a ranch somewhere outside of Calgary, I don't know that it's entirely accurate. But I suppose since most of the area around here is protected national park, there's not much chance of local wild venison being served. Maybe I am just bitter about having to balance the prices of everyone else's buffalo striploin duty meals while not getting one myself.

No comments: